It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:11 am

Tell a friend!

Pot holes 
Patron

What car do you drive: Alfa 75
date: 10 Sep 2009
Post Pot holes
Now I dont know what its like elsewhere, but here in East Sussex the pot holes are getting worse and worse. One stretch of A road has the repairers out about once a week to fill them in, just to come back worse a few days later. I have now seen about 6 cars parked up just past them, with I assume some damage. I am so pleased the wife has the steel wheels and winter tyres on. If this carries on we will be back in medieval times, with horse and cart, but at least the government will be hitting its pollution targets as no one will be able to drive anywhere!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail

date: 30 Nov 2012
Post Re: Pot holes
I've been hassling local councils all week about them - mostly because they are on the access and exit routes for my petrol stations.

Also put a foot down one when running this week - resulting in a very badly sprained and painful ankle that's going to take several weeks to sort itself out.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:40 pm

date: 23 Aug 2011
Was in the outskirts of St Neots in Cambridgeshire today. As soon as you get off the A428, you need a 4x4 just to get out of the potholes.

When I lived in the US, I always remembered the UK roads fondly. I guesses that because the US never had much Roman influence, they had never learned how to build roads properly, and did not understand about material, tarmac, and repairs (I405 in Ca is a good example. It is laid in concrete and they used a steel comb with 1/2in teeth to surface it).

Having been back in the UK for 3 years, I realized my fondness was just a dream.

- Winter Freelander
- Mrs Wombats Freelander

Projects
- Some 33s
- One Black 155

Hibernating for spring 2014
- Red 75 V6 Cloverleaf
- Red 155 Q4 Winny
- Red 16v 33

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:31 pm

date: 26 Jul 2012
A few weeks ago when on the racing bike I caught a pot hole which put three punctures in the rear tire, lucky the rim wasn't damaged. Had it been in the dark I would have probably been thrown off the bike. I complained to the council and requested a compensation form.

I received a very "legal letter" which states if a pothole is noted on a road inspection that was more than 6 months ago then only in that situation can you claim a refund.

Typical of cutbacks !

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:24 pm